Sunday, September 13, 2015

In the year 2008, a blogger I became

In the study with Inul, 13 Sept'15.
Closing in the one
million mark!
In the year 2008, a blogger I became.  It is a hobby, a pastime, a passion and a part-time job that has become more or less a permanent occupation. It has been seven years and I haven't stopped blogging.   In the early 2000's internet slowly crept into the towns of Sarawak.  By 2005 the reception around Sarawak town was fairly decent but a few kilometer radius outside town the internet is erratic and unreliable.  After 2005, the internet traffic in most town in Sarawak got jammed.  The internet service could not keep up with new applications like facebook, twitter, blogger, watsapp and instagram that snapped the internet highway of available space as the younger generation using smartphones become major users of the internet.   Despite all these challenges the telcos especially Celcom literally give up on improving their service.  So blogging was affected greatly in Sarawak especially in sub-urban and rural areas. Now, when I blog I'll have to face this reality.  One picture would take one hour to upload.  Therefore, blogging is a test of patience, passion and priority in life.  Today, I have time to check on my blogging activities and I found out that my blogs have in total garnered  823,982 page views (see inset) ....and counting.  I guess by the end of this year I'll hit the million mark.  Carry on blogging Sarawak!

Happy Malaysia Day, Sarawak.

(Note: This is the 12th  post on what it is meant to be a Malaysian as part of my writing contribution to Malaysia Day which will  to be celebrated on the 16th of September.)



Today's blogging  surprise .  Can you see four Tiong birds amidst the leaves?
'Tiong ' (Malay) or Hill Myna birds normally appear in a pair.  Today it's a crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment